Flagship Species: Dacnis hartlaubi,Dacnis turquesa (Turquoise Dacnis)
The Sabana de Bogota – Bogota Savannah -outstands as a place of high interest for the sighting of birds, due to the microclimatic conditions that allow the establishment of species either endemic from the high plateau as migratory. Likewise, it is located strategically to visit a great variety of ecosystems a few hours from away all around. The wetland nearby, lagoons and low lands, as well as a great number of reserves and places of fauna contemplation, make Bogota and its surrounding run as a unique destiny at the trime of bird sighting.
- Endemic Birds of this tour
- Vulnerable and Under Risk Species
- Available dates
- What´s Included
- What´s NOT Included
This route has a level of difficulty that oscillates between 1 and 3 in the scale of 1 to 6 (the source of this measuring way is the Guide of good nature tourist practices. Program of Productive Transformation, 2014).
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO FIND
The route drawn runs from 1200 msnm to 3,200 msnm, with temperatures that oscillate between 7°C and 24°C, so in it there is a great diversity of thermic floors and ecosystems (from Andean jungle, going through the foggy forest to paramo –wet land – ) with a great wealth of birds from the region. It is considered that there is a great potential of birds sighting of about 250 species, among them 10 endemic species.
Following are mentioned the species under threat that we can find in the tour (see Red book of Colombian birds). .
- Crypturellus obsoletus: Tinamú pardo (Brown Tinamou)
- Coeligena prunellei: Inca negro (Black Inca)
- Andigena nigrirostris: Tucan montañero (Black-billed Mountain-Toucan)
- Pyrrhura calliptera: Lorito andino aliamarillo (Brown–breasted Parakeet)
- Cranioleuca curtata: Curitíe cejigris (Ash-browed Spinetail)
- Cistothorus apolinari: Cucarachero de pantano (Apolinar ́s Wren)
- Dacnis hartlaubi: Dacnis turquesa (Turquoise Dacnis)
This will be your Itinerary
ActivitiesArrival to Bogotá. Reception in El Dorado Airport and transfer to hotel. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesBogotá: National Universiy of Colombia UN, Natural History Museum of the Natural Sciences Institute, UN. Botanic Garden. Afternoon: Monserrate Mountain. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesAfternoon La Calera Municipality: Hummingbirds Observatory Reserve. Afternoon: Guasca Municipality: Bioandean Reserve. Hotel Cabañas Reserva Bioandina
ActivitiesGuasca Municipality: Bioandean Reserve Afternoon: La Vega Municipality Hotel Eco Tambo Hotel
ActivitiesLa Vega Municipality: El Tabacal Lagoon Afternoon: San Francisco Municipality: Enchanted Garden Evening: La Vega Municipality Hotel Eco Tambo Hotel
ActivitiesAlban Municipality: Peñas del Aserradero. Afternoon: Bituima Municipality: Guaduales Path of Ecoturistic Farm Piscilandia. Evening: Night Bird Sighting Ecoturistic Farm Piscilandia House. (Camping facilities available) Hotel la Casa de La Finca Ecoturística Piscilandia. (posibilidad de acampar)
ActivitiesBituima Municipality: El Eden Path of Ecoturistic Piscilandia Farm. Afternoon: San Antonio del Tequendama Municipality: Chicaque Natural Park Chicaque Cabaña Hotel
ActivitiesSan Antonio del Tequendama Municipality: Chicaque Natural Park. Afternoon: Mosquera Municipality SJ Hotel
Activities(alternative) La Mesa Muinicipality: El Faro Eco Ranch. Afternoon: Tena Municipality. Pedro Palo Lagoon. Transfer to Bogotá. Bogotá Plaza Hotel.
ActivitiesBogotá: Chisaca Lagoon in Sumapaz National Natural Park and La Alondra Route in Cerro Seco Reserve. Bogotá Plaza Hotel
ActivitiesEnd of the tour: Escort to El Dorado Airport and farewell. Trip to their original countries
Vest (indicate size), cap, tula, water container, map, whistle, lantern, rain protector checklist for sighting in every tour.
- Terrestrial at every route of the Program: by automobile, vans and/or 4×4 according to conditions of the road.
- Transportation to the airport – hotel – airport
- Airplane tickets, national according to the Program.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at all locations.
- 2 snacks daily including water bottles.
- All the hotels included in the itinerary.
- Eco-lodges in the natural reserves.
- Towels and bedclothes provided in all the places.
- Tickets, taxes and permits in all national parks and natural reserves.
You will be accompanied by an expert Coordinate guide of the book at all times, besides:
- You will be accompanied for a guide expert on sighting of: birds and/or orchids and/or butterflies and/or a local guide expert on trekking all the time
- Automobile experienced drivers
Event insurance through everyday traveling in Colombia with the following coverages:
Maximum global amount USD 150.000
Medical assistance in case of accident*
Up to USD 150.000
Medical assistance in case of non-persistent disease*
Up to USD 150.00
First medical in case of pre-existent disease*
Up to USD 500
Emergency dentistry (Max. USD 300 by piece)
Up to USD 700
Ambulatory drugs Up to USD 2.000
Medication in case of hospitalization Included
Prosthesis and orthosis Up to USD 3.500
Sanitary transfers Included
Repatriations (sanitary or funeral) Up to USD 100.000
Return of the repatriated owner´s companion included
Transfer of a relative included
Stay of a relative for USD 100 per day Maximum USD 500
Hotel expenses for convalescence for USD 180 per day Maximum USD 1.100
Accompaniment of children or adults included
Reimbursement of expenses for delayed or cancelled flight Up to USD 300
Early return due to a serious accident at home included
Rate difference for delayed or anticipated return trip included
Sports practice up to USD 10.000
Pregnancy status up to USD 10.00
Legal assistance for liability in an accident Loan up to USD 8.000
Advance of funds for bails Loan up to USD 8.000
Transmission of urgent messages included
Assistance in case of theft or loss of documents etc.
Luggage location included
Accidental death as a passenger in public transport holder of 18 years or older USD 100.000
Under 18 years old USD 60.000
Total and permanent disability in case of accident under 70 y/old USD 40.000
Indemnification for loss of luggage supplementary up to USD 1.200
Compensation for delay in location of luggage Over 8 hs. up to USD 200
Over 10 days up to USD 1.000
Cancelation for any reason** under 70 y/old up to USD 500
Maximum validity per trip:
annual cards 30 to 60 days cards per day and long stay: 365 days
Territorial validity: international (5C) – International receptive (6)
limitations by age: valid for holders under 70 y/old
*Includes medical consults, attention by specialists, contact with the acting pediatrician, births and stages of pregnancy up to week 26, complementary medical exams, physical recovery therapy in , the case of traumatism, medication, emergency dentistry, hospitalization, surgical intervention, intensive therapy and coordinate unit.
**guaranty included in the international cards (no receptive), issued by blocks of days
IMPORTANT: All the international products allow the expansion of the amount or add this guarantee.
Important: the indicated insurance is protected by policies hired with insurance companies. The exclusions of habitual and/or legal use apply for this type of coverage and are approved by the insurance control agency of the country where the ASSIST CARD is issued.
The general conditions to which is limited ASSIST CARD are available to the public and can be consulted at any moment without any purchasing compromise in the sales stores, by phone or at www.assist-card.com.
Some products consider limitations by age. The pre-existing diseases have exclusions and limitations in the benefits. Consult those corresponding to the product elected by you. ASSIST-CARD reserves the right to introduce modifications to the reach and descriptions of the service. Consult at the time of the hiring.
- Medical transfers by accident (up to the limit of expenses) included
- Transfers and companion stay in case of accident up to $ 2.000.000
- Transfers and companion stay by accidental death up to $ 2.000.000
- Transfers of mortal remains up to $ 8.000.000
- Indemnity for accidental death 24 hours a day $50.000.000
- Indemnity for disability or accidental dismemberment up to $50.000.000
- Indemnity for accidental death in terrestrial, fluvial or maritime transport $12.000.000
- Indemnity for death with fire arm, punctured or blunt weapon $ 10.000.000
- Indemnity for luggage loss in air transport up to $ 2.500.000
- Expenses on first need articles in luggage loss under public terrestrial transportation up to $ 300.000
- Compensation assistance of funeral expenses in case of accident up to $ 4.000.000
- International flights and taxes
- Personal bathroom items
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Tips and gratuities
- Medical expenses not covered by the events policy
- Beer and alcoholic drinks
- Local, national or international calls
- Activities NOT included in the itinerary
- Days neither additional services by situations of greater force, fortuitous events or third party facts.
I accept all the general requirements previously described, at the time of performing the payment for the confirmation of the reserve of the selected program.
No Details Found