Badge species: Picumnus olivaceus, Carpinterito olivaceo (Olivaceous Piculet)
The olive woodpecker, Colombian carpenter or olive Picolete is an almost endemic bird of Colombia (Picumus olivaceus). It is a tiny carpenter, slightly similar to a climber with a short and chiseled beak and short tail. Its plumage is not so remarkable: olive brown above and more pale below. You can see the dark brown crown with small white spots. Both sexes are similar to each other, but the males have an orange patch in the crown.
- Endemic Birds Of this Tour
- Vulnerable Species
- Available Dates
- What´s Included?
- What´s NOT Included?
This little carpenter usually drags around small branches and creepers, often hanging upside down. The populations are limited to the fragmented patches of wet forests, forests and scrubs, thickets around, dry and wet tropical forests of the Colombian Andes mountains.
This route was designed to meet paths of a rich cultural gastronomic, social and environmental tradition, that covers from paramo ecosystems to warm tropical ecosystems. Besides, it allows to meet the richness of their ancestral and privileged paths and visit privileged and unique ecosystems, as well as get the communication between the different biomes and human beings.
This route has a level of difficulty that ranges between 1 and 3 in the 1 to 6 scale (the fount of this measurement form is the Guide of good tourism practices of nature, Productive Transformation Program, 2014).
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO FIND
The route plotted goes from 650 msnm –meters over the sea – msnm -, to 3,800 msnm, with temperatures oscillating between 5°C and 29°C, so there is an important diversity of birds species in it that can be watched in their natural environment. Has been considered that in this route can be a potential to watch birds of 200 species, including 8 endemic species.
- Crypturellus obsoletus: Tinamú pardo (Brown Tinamou)
• Oresssochen jubatus: Pato del Orinoco (Orinoco Goose)
• Oxyura ferruginea: Pato turrio (Andean Duck)
• Patagioenas subvinacea: Paloma rojiza (Ruddy Pigeon)
• Eriocnemis cupreoventris: Calzoncito buchicobrizo (Coppery–bellied Puffleg)
• Porphyriops melanops: Tingua piquiverde Bogotana (Spot–flanked Gallinule)
• Cranioleuca curtata: Curitie cejigris (Ash–browed Spinetail)
• Pseudocolopteryx acutipennis: Doradito tropical (Subtropical Doradito)
• Muscisaxicola maculirostris: Dormilona chica (Spot–billed Ground–Tyrant)
• Sericossypha albocristata: Tangara coroniblanca (White–capped Tanager)
• Setophaga cerulea: Reinita azuleja (Cerulean Warbler)
• Icterus icterus: Toche venezolano (Venezuelan Troupial)
This will be your itinerary
ActivitiesArrival in Bogotá. Reception at El Dorado Airport and transfer to Bogotá Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesBogota: National University of Colombia (UN), Natural History Museum of the UN Natural Sciences History Institute. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesBogotá: Route Suassie Path at Natural National Chingaza Park Lake. Afternoon: Guasca Municipality: La Calera Hummingbirds Reserve. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesCota Municipality: La Florida Park. Afternoon: Bogotá: Tour between Verde de Luz and Piedra en el Aula ambiental Soratama. Bogotá Plaza Hotel
ActivitiesSan Antonio del Tequendama Municipality: Las Mariposas path in Chicaque Natural Park. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesBituima Municipality: Path El Eden in Piscilandia Reserve. Night: Path Guaduales. House in the eco tourstic farm Piscilandia (camping facilities)
ActivitiesVilleta de San Miguel Municipality: Route la Chorola. Afternoon Cultural tour to a trapiche panelero. Hotel Playa. Municipio de Villeta.
ActivitiesSan Juan de la Vega: Tabacal Lagoon. Hotel el Tambo Eco Hotel. Municipio de la Vega.
ActividadesSan Francisco de Sales municipality: Jardin encantado Reserve. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesEnd of the tour. Ride to El Dorado Airport and Farewell. Trip to their original countries.
Vest (indicate size), cap, tula, water container, map, whistle, lantern, rain protector checklist for sighting in every tour.
- Terrestrial at every route of the Program: by automobile, vans and/or 4×4 according to conditions of the road.
- Transportation to the airport – hotel – airport
- Airplane tickets, national according to the Program.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at all locations.
- 2 snacks daily including water bottles.
- All the hotels included in the itinerary.
- Eco-lodges in the natural reserves.
- Towels and bedclothes provided in all the places.
- Tickets, taxes and permits in all national parks and natural reserves.
You will be accompanied by an expert Coordinate guide of the book at all times, besides:
- You will be accompanied for a guide expert on sighting of: birds and/or orchids and/or butterflies and/or a local guide expert on trekking all the time
- Automobile experienced drivers
Event insurance through everyday traveling in Colombia with the following coverages:
Maximum global amount USD 150.000
Medical assistance in case of accident*
Up to USD 150.000
Medical assistance in case of non-persistent disease*
Up to USD 150.00
First medical in case of pre-existent disease*
Up to USD 500
Emergency dentistry (Max. USD 300 by piece)
Up to USD 700
Ambulatory drugs Up to USD 2.000
Medication in case of hospitalization Included
Prosthesis and orthosis Up to USD 3.500
Sanitary transfers Included
Repatriations (sanitary or funeral) Up to USD 100.000
Return of the repatriated owner´s companion included
Transfer of a relative included
Stay of a relative for USD 100 per day Maximum USD 500
Hotel expenses for convalescence for USD 180 per day Maximum USD 1.100
Accompaniment of children or adults included
Reimbursement of expenses for delayed or cancelled flight Up to USD 300
Early return due to a serious accident at home included
Rate difference for delayed or anticipated return trip included
Sports practice up to USD 10.000
Pregnancy status up to USD 10.00
Legal assistance for liability in an accident Loan up to USD 8.000
Advance of funds for bails Loan up to USD 8.000
Transmission of urgent messages included
Assistance in case of theft or loss of documents etc.
Luggage location included
Accidental death as a passenger in public transport holder of 18 years or older USD 100.000
Under 18 years old USD 60.000
Total and permanent disability in case of accident under 70 y/old USD 40.000
Indemnification for loss of luggage supplementary up to USD 1.200
Compensation for delay in location of luggage Over 8 hs. up to USD 200
Over 10 days up to USD 1.000
Cancelation for any reason** under 70 y/old up to USD 500
Maximum validity per trip:
annual cards 30 to 60 days cards per day and long stay: 365 days
Territorial validity: international (5C) – International receptive (6)
limitations by age: valid for holders under 70 y/old
*Includes medical consults, attention by specialists, contact with the acting pediatrician, births and stages of pregnancy up to week 26, complementary medical exams, physical recovery therapy in , the case of traumatism, medication, emergency dentistry, hospitalization, surgical intervention, intensive therapy and coordinate unit.
**guaranty included in the international cards (no receptive), issued by blocks of days
IMPORTANT: All the international products allow the expansion of the amount or add this guarantee.
Important: the indicated insurance is protected by policies hired with insurance companies. The exclusions of habitual and/or legal use apply for this type of coverage and are approved by the insurance control agency of the country where the ASSIST CARD is issued.
The general conditions to which is limited ASSIST CARD are available to the public and can be consulted at any moment without any purchasing compromise in the sales stores, by phone or at www.assist-card.com.
Some products consider limitations by age. The pre-existing diseases have exclusions and limitations in the benefits. Consult those corresponding to the product elected by you. ASSIST-CARD reserves the right to introduce modifications to the reach and descriptions of the service. Consult at the time of the hiring.
- Medical transfers by accident (up to the limit of expenses) included
- Transfers and companion stay in case of accident up to $ 2.000.000
- Transfers and companion stay by accidental death up to $ 2.000.000
- Transfers of mortal remains up to $ 8.000.000
- Indemnity for accidental death 24 hours a day $50.000.000
- Indemnity for disability or accidental dismemberment up to $50.000.000
- Indemnity for accidental death in terrestrial, fluvial or maritime transport $12.000.000
- Indemnity for death with fire arm, punctured or blunt weapon $ 10.000.000
- Indemnity for luggage loss in air transport up to $ 2.500.000
- Expenses on first need articles in luggage loss under public terrestrial transportation up to $ 300.000
- Compensation assistance of funeral expenses in case of accident up to $ 4.000.000
- Vuelos Internacionales e impuestos.
- Artículos personales de baño.
- Servicio de lavandería.
- Servicio al cuarto.
- Propinas y gratitudes.
- Gastos médicos no cubiertos por la póliza de eventos.
- Cervezas y bebidas alcohólicas.
- Llamadas locales, nacionales o internacionales.
- Actividades No incluidas en el itinerario.
- Días ni servicios adicionales por situaciones de fuerza mayor, caso fortuito o hechos de terceros.
- International flights and taxes
- Personal bathroom items
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Tips and gratuities
- Medical expenses not covered by the events policy
- Beer and alcoholic drinks
- Local, national or international calls
- Activities NOT included in the itinerary
- Days neither additional services by situations of greater force, fortuitous events or third party facts.
I accept all the general requirements previously described, at the time of performing the payment for the confirmation of the reserve of the selected program.
No Details Found