Flagship species: Porphyriops melanops, Tingua pico verde (Spot-flankedGallinula)
Tingua Green peak is a bird of the Rallidae family that lives in wetlands of the savannah and feeds on anelids, insects and stems of some plants. It is a species endangered, as a consequence of the occupation of its in habitat by the urbanization and expansion of the agricultural frontier occupation. Besides, the presence of feral animals that slowly have restrained their territory, to a point of having a decrease of their populations to a very specific zones.
- Endemic Birds of this tour
- Available dates
- what´s included
- what´s NOT included
- Vulnerable species
This route has been drawn mainly for the sighting of birds that include the altitudinal gradient from Bogota to Magdalena river. Through the tour will be possible to sight the flagship birds of the Bogota savannah, two hummingbird observatories and there will be a series of cultural activities that will submerge us in some of the ancestral practices of the people of the region.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
This route has a level of difficulty that oscillates between 1 and 3 in the scale of 1 to 6 (the source of this measuring way is the Guide of good nature tourist practices. Program of Productive Transformation, 2014).
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO FIND
The route drawn runs from 550 msnm to 2,600msnm, with temperatures that oscillate between 11°C and 26°C, so in it there is a great diversity of thermic floors and ecosystems (from dry tropical forest to foggy forest and the Bogota savannah visualizing the great wealth of birds of the Cundinamarca Department. It is contemplated that in this route may be a sighting potential of birds of about 300 species, among them 11 endemic species.
This will be your itinerary
ActivitiesArrival to Bogotá. Reception at El Dorado Airport and transportation to the hotel. Hotel Bogotá Plaza
ActivitiesBogota: National University of Colombia (UN), Natural History Museum of the Natural Sciences Institute UN. Afternoon. Monserrate Mountain Bogotá Plaza Hotel
ActividadesCota Municipality: La Florida Park Aftdrnoon: Bogota: Soratama environmental classroom and tour between green of light and stone. Bogotá Plaza Hotel
ActivitiesFusagasuga Municipality, La Aguadita Zone: Goriazul Hummingbird Farm, Green and Water Park Reserve. Afternoon: La Vega Municipality Tambo Eco Hotel
ActivitiesSan Juan de la Vega Municipality: Tabacal Lagoon. Afternoon: San Francisco de Sales Municipality: Enchanted Garden Evening : Puerto Boyaca Municipality HB Hotel
ActivitiesPuerto Boyaca Municipality: La Y and Serrania Natural Park of Las Quinchas Path HB Hotel
ActividadesPuerto Boyaca Municipality: La Cristalina and Serrania Natural Park of Las Quinchas Path HB Hotel
ActividadesVilleta Municipality: El Puente Route and Bagazal Path Afternoon: Cultural Tour to a Sugar Cane Juicer and Chitavinda Evening: return to Bogota Bogotá Plaza Hotel
ActivitiesEnd of the tour. Scort to El Dorado Airport and farewell. Trip to their original countries.
Vest (indicate size), cap, tula, water container, map, whistle, lantern, rain protector checklist for sighting in every tour.
- Terrestrial at every route of the Program: by automobile, vans and/or 4×4 according to conditions of the road.
- Transportation to the airport – hotel – airport
- Airplane tickets, national according to the Program.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at all locations.
- 2 snacks daily including water bottles.
- All the hotels included in the itinerary.
- Eco-lodges in the natural reserves.
- Towels and bedclothes provided in all the places.
- Tickets, taxes and permits in all national parks and natural reserves.
You will be accompanied by an expert Coordinate guide of the book at all times, besides:
- You will be accompanied for a guide expert on sighting of: birds and/or orchids and/or butterflies and/or a local guide expert on trekking all the time
- Automobile experienced drivers
Event insurance through everyday traveling in Colombia with the following coverages:
Maximum global amount USD 150.000
Medical assistance in case of accident*
Up to USD 150.000
Medical assistance in case of non-persistent disease*
Up to USD 150.00
First medical in case of pre-existent disease*
Up to USD 500
Emergency dentistry (Max. USD 300 by piece)
Up to USD 700
Ambulatory drugs Up to USD 2.000
Medication in case of hospitalization Included
Prosthesis and orthosis Up to USD 3.500
Sanitary transfers Included
Repatriations (sanitary or funeral) Up to USD 100.000
Return of the repatriated owner´s companion included
Transfer of a relative included
Stay of a relative for USD 100 per day Maximum USD 500
Hotel expenses for convalescence for USD 180 per day Maximum USD 1.100
Accompaniment of children or adults included
Reimbursement of expenses for delayed or cancelled flight Up to USD 300
Early return due to a serious accident at home included
Rate difference for delayed or anticipated return trip included
Sports practice up to USD 10.000
Pregnancy status up to USD 10.00
Legal assistance for liability in an accident Loan up to USD 8.000
Advance of funds for bails Loan up to USD 8.000
Transmission of urgent messages included
Assistance in case of theft or loss of documents etc.
Luggage location included
Accidental death as a passenger in public transport holder of 18 years or older USD 100.000
Under 18 years old USD 60.000
Total and permanent disability in case of accident under 70 y/old USD 40.000
Indemnification for loss of luggage supplementary up to USD 1.200
Compensation for delay in location of luggage Over 8 hs. up to USD 200
Over 10 days up to USD 1.000
Cancelation for any reason** under 70 y/old up to USD 500
Maximum validity per trip:
annual cards 30 to 60 days cards per day and long stay: 365 days
Territorial validity: international (5C) – International receptive (6)
limitations by age: valid for holders under 70 y/old
*Includes medical consults, attention by specialists, contact with the acting pediatrician, births and stages of pregnancy up to week 26, complementary medical exams, physical recovery therapy in , the case of traumatism, medication, emergency dentistry, hospitalization, surgical intervention, intensive therapy and coordinate unit.
**guaranty included in the international cards (no receptive), issued by blocks of days
IMPORTANT: All the international products allow the expansion of the amount or add this guarantee.
Important: the indicated insurance is protected by policies hired with insurance companies. The exclusions of habitual and/or legal use apply for this type of coverage and are approved by the insurance control agency of the country where the ASSIST CARD is issued.
The general conditions to which is limited ASSIST CARD are available to the public and can be consulted at any moment without any purchasing compromise in the sales stores, by phone or at www.assist-card.com.
Some products consider limitations by age. The pre-existing diseases have exclusions and limitations in the benefits. Consult those corresponding to the product elected by you. ASSIST-CARD reserves the right to introduce modifications to the reach and descriptions of the service. Consult at the time of the hiring.
- Medical transfers by accident (up to the limit of expenses) included
- Transfers and companion stay in case of accident up to $ 2.000.000
- Transfers and companion stay by accidental death up to $ 2.000.000
- Transfers of mortal remains up to $ 8.000.000
- Indemnity for accidental death 24 hours a day $50.000.000
- Indemnity for disability or accidental dismemberment up to $50.000.000
- Indemnity for accidental death in terrestrial, fluvial or maritime transport $12.000.000
- Indemnity for death with fire arm, punctured or blunt weapon $ 10.000.000
- Indemnity for luggage loss in air transport up to $ 2.500.000
- Expenses on first need articles in luggage loss under public terrestrial transportation up to $ 300.000
- Compensation assistance of funeral expenses in case of accident up to $ 4.000.000
- International flights and taxes
- Personal bathroom items
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Tips and gratuities
- Medical expenses not covered by the events policy
- Beer and alcoholic drinks
- Local, national or international calls
- Activities NOT included in the itinerary
- Days neither additional services by situations of greater force, fortuitous events or third party facts.
I accept all the general requirements previously described, at the time of performing the payment for the confirmation of the reserve of the selected program.
No Details Found
A continuación, se nombran las especies en estado de amenaza que podremos encontrar durante el tour (véase Libro rojo de aves de Colombia).
- Crypturellus obsoletus: Tinamú pardo (Brown Tinamou)
- Oxyura ferruginea: Pato turrio (Andean Duck)
- Crax Alberti: Paujil de pico azul (Blue–billed Curassow)
- Rallus semiplumbeus: Tingua Bogotana (Bogota Rail )
- Porphyriops melanops: Tingua piquiverde Bogotana (Spot–flanked Gallinule)
- Capito hypoleucus: Torito Dorsiblanco (White-mantled Barbet)
- Cranioleuca curtata: Curitie cejigris (Ash–browed Spinetail)
- Pyroderus scutatus: Toropizco montañero (Red–ruffed Fruitcrow)
- Pseudocolopteryx acutipennis; Doradito tropical (Subtropical Doradito)
- Muscisaxicola maculirostris: Dormilona chica (Spot–billed Ground–Tyrant)
- Cistothorus apolinari: Cucarachero de pantano (Apolinar ́s Wren)
- Setophaga cerulea: Reinita azuleja (Cerulean Warbler)
- Habia gutturalis: Piranga Hormiguera (Sooty Ant – Tanager)
- Dacnis hartlaubi: Dacnis turquesa (Turquoise Dacnis)